UNESCO Chair Programme on Cultural Heritage and Risk Management,
Online International Training Course (ITC)
on Disaster Risk Management of Cultural Heritage 2021, 15th year, Ritsumeikan University
Dates: 23rd August to 9th October 2021
Organized by Institute of Disaster Mitigation for Urban Cultural Heritage, Ritsumeikan University and ICCORM in cooperation with UNESCO, ICOM & ICOMOS/ICORP
Criteria for Selecting the Participants for 2021
The participants for the course would be selected based on the following criteria:
- Number of Participants: Maximum of 12 participants will be selected for this course, which would include a half number of participants from disaster management or relevant fields and the other half from the cultural heritage conservation field.
- Efficiency in Training Implementation: It is expected that the participants from the cultural heritage field, as well as the disaster management field, would work together during the course.
- Case Study Site/Museum: Each participant will select one case study site or museum in his or her own country. The cultural heritage site should be vulnerable to one or more natural hazards such as earthquake and/or fire and/or landslide.
- Multiplying Effect: It would be preferable if the participant is attached to cultural heritage or disaster management department/organization/university, through which knowledge gained during the course can be disseminated at the local/national or regional level.
The working language of the course will be English. Proficiency in written and spoken English is an essential prerequisite for participation.
There is no tuition fee for the course.
Those interested in attending the course are invited to submit their application by filling the form via our website link and other necessary documentation as requested and send these by email on or before May 17, 2021 (please visit the section on application requirements). Based on the submitted applications, the applicants would be shortlisted.
Final selection would be made through online interviews of the shortlisted applicants. The dates for these interviews will be informed later.
1. Application Form: Please refer to the entry example.
2. Short Paper (1-3 pages): Describing the project(s) concerning cultural heritage conservation and management or disaster risk management in which you have been involved, and your overall potential and work experience for success in further applying the course contents in your professional career.
We will send a message in a week after receiving your application. In case you will not receive the confirmation of receipt even after a week, please contact us immediately.
Application Deadline: May 17 (Monday), 2021 (JST)
For more inquiry, please contact to
Secretariat of Institute of Disaster Mitigation for Urban Cultural Heritage,
Ritsumeikan University (R-DMUCH)